Friday, June 15, 2012

Enjoying the Journey: The Beginning

Any goal in life that is worth achieving will take time. It all starts when you decide to begin the journey. As a personal trainer, I have to hold myself to the highest standards of fitness and nutrition in order to stay accountable to my clients. The development of self control, and self discipline in the areas of fitness and nutrition is a concept that I harp on all day long. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense if I did not follow the guidelines to which I hold my clients.
My fitness and nutrition journey truly began several years ago when I started working out with various fitness DVD's. However now, my journey is being wed to my wonderful FiancĂ©'s journey. 
Austin, my fiancé, and I are posting to this blog together to encourage individuals, couples, and families alike to make fitness and healthy nutrition a priority in their lives. Sometimes, as a "dieting" individual, or a person who has made "rules" or "guidelines" for themselves, we can feel extremely alone and restricted in our freedom of living. However through this blog we hope to help you find freedom in living fit and healthy for the rest of your life regardless of your situation. We all deserve to feel confident about our bodies, and have the knowledge of how to treat them so that we feel healthy and energized.
We hope to help people to realize that the impossible is possible, and all you need to do is commit to change. We are here to help you stay accountable, give you ideas, and push you forward in the next step of your health and fitness journey. Take a step up, and decide what realistic changes you can begin to make as your very first step. Join us, 
and enjoy your journey.

What We're Doing:
Austin and I will be getting married in 65 days. So obviously, we are both striving to look as great as we can before the big day. Every day brings new challenges and struggles. New things to be busy with. New obstacles. However, my next step, beginning tomorrow, will be to stay under my calorie limit of 1300 calories 5 days a week, having 2 days where I can go to 1600 calories. Austin and I both will be working out six days a week, and eating as clean as possible!

Let us hold you accountable and
follow our journey towards finding freedom in living a fit and healthy lifestyle!!

-Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment